When program dates change, it impacts the criteria that drives student loan eligibility (i.e. campus, degree, college, major). Additionally, the major codes used by different systems are sometimes inconsistent or the major codes change. Changes and inconsistencies result in students being inconvenienced and the need for manual processes, such as cancelling, updating, and re-processing student loans. Finally, the World Campus Office of Student Aid is not always aware of academic program or major changes, but is expected to assist students who are impacted by these changes.
1. Identify the timeframe and communications needed between the University Office of Student Aid (OSA) and World Campus Program Planning and Management (PP&M) for all specialized programs.
2. Develop a process that PP&M can use to submit both new programs and existing program updates to OSA during the agreed upon timeframe.
3. Identify process steps that include World Campus OSA in the communications loop.
4. Develop a template that PP&M can use to submit to OSA when new programs launch or when programs change.
5. Implement the new process for all specialized programs that will be offered in Fall 2015 and beyond.
- Annette Fetterolf, Project Manager
- Sarah Zipf, Leader
- Kenyan Cattell, Member
- Michelle Corby, Member
- Sherry Corman, Member
- Stephanie Harpster, Member
- Cindy Heaton, Member
- Shubha Kashyap, Member
- Monica Mahoney, Member
- Tracey McCloskey, Member
- Jan Mellon, Member
- Paul Simenson, Member
- Leslie McCloskey, Staff Support