This Task Force builds on the work of an earlier University Committee which determined that Zimbra would be the platform upon which to build the University Collaboration Service (UCS). It was not within the scope of this Task Force to re-open the discussions that led to the adoption of Zimbra as a University-wide platform for email and calendaring. Thus the primary assumption of the committee was that we are creating a charter for the implementation of, migration to, and eventual universal adoption of UCS as the email and calendaring platform for University faculty and staff.
Notes: More information on this task force is available via the ITLC wiki at: https://wikispaces.psu.edu/display/itcouncil/Email+and+Calendaring+Task+Force
Please contact the Team co-chairs with specific questions related to this Task Force.
TARGET COMPLETION DATE
* 80% of University exclusively utilizing new service by August 2015
* 100% of University exclusively utilizing new service by August 2017
* NOTE: numbers are based on an estimate of 1000 migrations per month for a total faculty/staff population of
* NOTE: current migration numbers were provided by Karen Mitchell, UCS Manager, ITS
• A third of the target market is currently on UCS (1/4 colleges, 50% academic, 14% admin units, and 72% of
campuses (not including Great Valley, Dickinson and the College of Medicine) are all on.
- Greg Madden, Co-Chair
- Karen Mitchell, Co-Chair
- Dave Ache, Member
- Scott Bitner, Member
- Jerry Ciolkosz, Member
- Giles de Streel, Member
- Ken Forstmeier, Member
- Kathy Kimball, Member
- James Moore, Member
- Steve Neeper, Member
- Neal Vines, Member