The team was also asked to review any additional aspects of the enrollment process to determine if there are other issues that may need attention.
The following recommendations were submitted by the team:
1. That there be no change to current practices with respect to students with incomplete registration status (except for the initiative proposed in recommendation #4 below).
2. That the appropriate administrative offices be requested to review all late fee charges to determine whether these fees should be increased to prompt swifter action by students, and reviewed for consistency for parity across the various fees.
3. That the University Registrar be charged with changing the retroactive registration appeal process to become an administrative process based in the Office of the University Registrar.
4. That further study of a University-wide service be developed for determining actual student enrollment at some point in the semester. The intended outcome of this service would be to specifically identify students who are not enrolled, and for whom their incomplete registrations should be cancelled.
5. The closing of a loop hole that currently allows a student with incomplete registration to gain enrollment to the ensuing semester.
- Ken Babe, Sponsor
- John Romano, Sponsor
- Anna Griswold, Leader
- Roseann Sieminski, Leader
- Jim Wager, Leader
- Barbara Sherlock, Facilitator
- Garry Burkle, Member
- David Christy, Member
- Gail Gilchrest, Member
- Ralph Hosterman, Member
- Michele Jais, Member
- Paul Simenson, Member
- Chris Walters, Member